To provide statewide leadership, guidance, and funding to measurably expand opportunities for current and future generations to experience quality outdoor activities.
North Carolina’s great outdoor heritage is passed along to future generations with opportunities to enjoy activities that are accessible, abundant, and conveniently located for all.
- Transparent, Accountable and Efficient
- Sustain opportunity for future generations
- Move with a sense of purpose and urgency
- Recognize effective work of others to avoid duplication
- Recognize multiple and compatible uses of resources, including public lands
- Partner with organizations to achieve our vision
- Merge the legacy of the past with the possibilities of the future